The new foamed aluminum material refers to the foaming process after adding additives to pure aluminum or aluminum alloy. At the same time, it has the characteristics of metal and bubbles. It is a new type of functional material integrating structure and performance. The new foam aluminum material has high heat resistance. Generally, the melting temperature of aluminum alloy is about 560·700℃. Single foam aluminum does not dissolve even if heated to 1400℃, and it does not release harmful gases at high temperatures.
(1) Silencing and shielding materials. The sound waves are diffusely reflected on the surface of the foamed aluminum, and through the principles of expansion silencing and microporous silencing, the effect of silencing is achieved; the shielding performance of aluminum is close to that of silver, and it is an electromagnetic shielding material with excellent performance.
(2) Catalyst. In many organic chemical reactions, people try to directly use new foam aluminum materials with large specific surface area to replace perforated aluminum plates as chemical reaction catalysts; foam aluminum has also been successfully applied as a photocatalytic air purification carrier. material.
(3) Fluid pressure buffer material. The dispersion and cushioning effect of foamed aluminum on fluids makes it a decompression protection device for various pressure meters with excellent effects.
(4) Thermally conductive materials. The new foam aluminum material has excellent thermal conductivity, making it a flame-retardant material with excellent performance. It has been applied in many advanced fire-fighting equipment abroad, especially as a flame isolator. In addition, people use the excellent performance of foam aluminum Thermal conductivity and apparent permeability are made into heat dissipation materials for motors and electrical appliances, and new foam aluminum materials.
(5) Electrode material. The excellent electrical conductivity allows the new foam aluminum material to be widely used as the electrode frame material of new batteries such as nickel-zinc batteries and electric double-layer capacitors. At present, foam aluminum has been tried by many nickel-zinc battery manufacturers and put into mass use. Foamed aluminum is expected to be popularized and applied as an electrode current collector for electric double-layer capacitors; in addition, foamed aluminum is used as an electrode material for electrolytic recovery of aluminum-containing wastewater, which also has a very broad prospect.
(6) Filter material. Aluminum foam products, which have excellent structural characteristics and are basically harmless to the human body, have also been successfully used as medical filter materials; at the same time, foam aluminum has a good future in the application of water purification devices.